How regular visits to your gynecologist in Richland, WA, can protect your health.
Women are at risk for certain types of cancer, including breast and ovarian cancer. One of the most effective ways to help prevent these diseases is to visit your gynecologist each year for an annual examination.
Dr. Daniel Bahnmiller at Columbia Shores OBGYN in Richland, WA, offers a wide range of gynecology and women’s health services, including annual visits. He proudly serves residents of Richland, and Kennewick, WA.
Annual visits should begin when you first start menstruating and should continue throughout your life.
If you are a young woman who has begun menstruating, your gynecologist can help with:
- Providing birth control if you are sexually active
- Regulating your periods if they are irregular, late, or heavy
- Testing for pregnancy if you have missed your period
- Treating unpleasant symptoms like severe cramping
- Performing a pap smear to determine if any abnormal cells are present
- Performing a breast examination to check for masses or other abnormal issues
If you are an older woman who is pre-menopausal, menopausal, or post-menopausal, your gynecologist can help with:
- Treating unpleasant and uncomfortable symptoms of menopause, including hot flashes, cold sweats, and weight gain
- Performing a pap smear to check for uterine or ovarian cancer
- Performing a breast examination to check for indications of breast cancer
- Treating osteoporosis, which can be a consequence of menopause
Your gynecologist can also provide immediate care right when you need it. You might need to visit your gynecologist if you:
- Notice a grey, yellow, or green, discharge
- Experience pelvic or abdominal cramping that doesn’t resolve
- Feel a lump in one or both of your breasts
- Have breast tenderness that doesn’t resolve
Annual visits to your gynecologist can do a lot to protect your health. To learn more about the importance of annual visits for women’s health, call Dr. Daniel Bahnmiller at Columbia Shores OBGYN in Richland, WA, serving residents of Richland, and Kennewick, Wa. You can reach him at (509) 628-8866, so call today.