Tylenol (acetaminophen), take according to directions on bottle, do not exceed the recommended dose. Be careful not to combine with other medications containing acetaminophen. DO NOT TAKE Aspirin, Ibuprofen or Naprosyn.
Cough: Robitussin (plain), Vicks or Halls cough drops.
Nausea: Vitamin B6 50 mg a day, Ginger capsules, Unisom (use as directed).
Congestion/Cold: Benadryl, Robitussin, Claritin, Zyrtec, Nasonex, and Nasacort. Cold air humidifier.
Sore Throat: Throat lozenges (Cepacol, Halls) and salt water gurgles.
Allergies: Benadryl, Claritin, and Zyrtec.
Motion Sickness: Dramamine and meclizine.
Fever: Tylenol (acetaminophen)
Heartburn: Tums, Rolaids, Maalox, Mylanta, Gaviscon, Zantac, Pepcid and Prilosec.
Hemorrhoids: Anusol, Preparation H, Tucks pads, Warm tub baths with Epson salts.
Constipation: Citracel, bran cereals, Docusate (Colace, Doxinate, Surfak), stool softeners, laxatives (Doxidan, Pericolace), and Milk of Magnesia.
Diarrhea: Imodium AD, Kaopectate. BRAT diet (Bananas, rice, apple sauce, tea and toast), avoid dairy products and fatty foods.
Leg Cramps: Magnesium tablets, Calcium carbonate tablets, and increase water intake.
Nausea of Pregnancy
Dietary Prevention of Nausea of Pregnancy.
- Drink increased amounts of water.
- Eat frequent, small bland meals. (Decrease fats and spices, eat BRAT diet)
Supplements for treatment of Nausea of Pregnancy: (May take with other meds.)
- Ginger capsules (250-550mg), may take 4-5 by mouth a day.
- - Various forms of ginger are available, such as gummi, tea and capsules.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) 50 mg, take 1 a day by mouth.
- Green apples (with skin) contain pectin to help decrease nausea.
Over the counter medication for Nausea of Pregnancy. Only take one of the medications listed below.
- Doxylamine (Unisom), 2. Meclizine (Dramamine) 3. Benadryl.
- WARNING: These medications cause drowsiness. Do not drive for at least 6 hours after taking.
Please call us if the above treatments don’t work or if you have any concerns.